Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I won! Hurray???

illustration from: http://www.how-to-build-a-website.co.uk/internet-scam-check.html
I don't normally take part in contests.  Even when it involves skills, there is always an element of chance or luck, if you want to call it that, especially with the large number of participants these contests attract.
Recently however, I did take part in a contest.  As 'luck' would have it, although I didn't win any big prizes, I did qualify for a consolation prize.
But guess what?  To collect my winnings I would have to commit to spending up to RM3,000 over a 12 month period.
Sounds to me like the 'Scratch & Win' scam we hear complaints about.  What do you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just becareful and think before you act bro.

Melor said...

i think what you are thinking.its more sounded like one. always in different faces,lmao.

Mai Tomyam said...

A con job. What else you call it then?