Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Penang - Pearl of the Orient (2) : Temples, Kongsi (clan houses) and others

The Chinese character of Penang is evident in its many temples and kongsi (or clan houses) found around Georgetown. The following are some photos shot during my visit there.



















A stone lion guarding the entrance of one of the buildings near the Komtar area.

Just remember that not all temples and kongsi are elaborate. I almost missed this one. Its only the presence of the flags that gave any indication that it was a clan house.

The main Hindu temple in the Little India area.

The rear entrance to the temple.

Contrast the elaborate carvings decorating the earlier temple to this Hindu temple along Penang Road.

No comments: