Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 9, 2009

Sentul - The face of things to come

I had my secondary education in Sentul - La Salle and Methodist Boys Schools. It was a railway men's town then, consisting mainly of railway workers' quarters. This was the late 1960's early 1970's.

I do pass Sentul every now and then, and also occasionally shop at the Sentul Pasar wet market.

The other day, I noticed something like a new railway station being constructed. I happened to have my camera with me, so I decided to take some shots to share.



A new station is under construction. This will be bigger and hopefully, more comfortable than the existing one.

These are probably the last days of this station that has stood here from, I'm assuming, before independence.

The police station and living quarters nearby appear to be deserted.

The place has been walled up. There was no sign of anybody, not even a guard, at the premises.

Unlike at most abandoned buildings, the sign here has not faded.

Another view of the abandoned building, notice the high-rise in the background.

It would appear that the quaint little railway men's town is fast changing its facade to become an exclusive residential address.








No comments: