Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Wishing all friends and readers a happy and prosperous New Year.

Its been a while since  I did my walk-about KL and, as we say good-bye to the Ox and welcome in the Tiger, what better place to visit then Jalan Pudu.

I took the train (monorail) to Berjaya Times Square and commenced my walk from there.  Before we start, let me share some of the Lunar New Year decorations at Times Square with you.
 
This was at the main concourse of the Complex.
 
There were a number of huge lanterns hanging there.
 
 
  
This lady was putting some finishing touches to here kiosk.
 
 
  
The golden lions are a permanent fixture at the Complex.

 
Closer to the hotel was this temporary stage celebrating 'Memories of Glitz and Glamour'.

 
These two young ladies obliged to be my models.
 
 
  
  
This uncle was shaping little figurines out of coloured dough.
 
 
The magic trick being sold here can be learned in 5 minutes.
 
 
Another kiosk promoting magic.
 
 
Chinese culture will not be complete if there was no calligraphy.

Once again:
GONG XI FA CAI

For those who 'balik kampong' have a safe trip.
 


 


No comments: