Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thaipusam (Part 1 - Photo Opportunity)

The Tamil Hindu festival of Thaipusam was celebrated here last Saturday (January 30, 2010). 

When my friend Reza invited me to join him on a photo shoot of the festival, I told myself, "why not."  Although I consider myself a native of KL, I've never been to Batu Caves, whether during Thaipusam or at any other time.  So this was an opportunity to find out first hand what this celebration is all about.

We were definitely not alone:
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
  
They are only some who happened to be in my way.  There were thousands of others, ranging from amateurs to professionals, using mobile phones, compacts, DSLRs, camcorders, video cameras... if it can be used to record moments, it was there. 

No comments: