Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Alvin & Kitty - Blessings



The ceremony commences with paying homage to the guardian deities.
The elder Mr. Wee was the Master of Ceremonies, and he walked the couple through all the rites.
 

 
 
Then the couple were brought into the house where homage was paid to the Wee and Lim ancestors.

 
 
 
Divine blessings for the couple and all the assembly was also prayed for.
 

 
 
 
This next part of the ceremony, I didn't quite understand.  I'll need to check it out with Mr. Wee when I meet him.
 

 
 
 
 
Rest assured though, if it is a Chinese ceremony, every action, every item used and every rite performed will be full of symbolism.
 

No comments: