Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bukit Tabur, Kampong Klang Gates 2

It's times like these that make me realize that I'm not as young as I used to be.  I only managed up to point 2 of the trail before suggesting that we head back.  Nevertheless, I hope to return soon to complete the full track across all points.

The vegetation on the hill does not appear to be very dense and there are a lot of ferns.

Some of the flowers there can also be seen in other parts of the country...
 ... while some are not so common.


One hiker said that this plant which he called the 'false rhu' (so named as it resembles the rhu or casuarina which is found near our beaches)  is only found on this hill.
The hill is part of a quartz ridge.  Much of the rocks we see there is actually quartz as can be seen from this broken piece.
Although we didn't track all the way to the peak of the hill, the view even from where we were was spectacular.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
If you want to trek up Bukit Tabur, it would be a good idea to look up the Bukit Tabur blog which has been set up by Agnes Tan a regular Bukit Tabur kaki.  (I came across the blog when googling Bukit Tabur.)





 

1 comment: