Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

National Monument, Kuala Lumpur

Our National Memorial Monument or Tugu Peringatan Negara in Malay is quite near the Bird Park. I thought that it would be a great photo opportunity and I was not disappointed.

Sign at the entrance.

This plaque is very informative, not only to foreign visitors but to locals as well.

The first thing that greets you is the war memorial.

The place is popular with the young...

... the very young, the not so young ...

... and of course photo enthusiasts.

The water fountain at the pavilion area.

The monument as seen for the rear.

The monument from one of the front corners.

Children will be children - the little girl decided to sit instead of stand with her mother.

A view of the monument with the semi-circular pavilion in the rear.

Hey, wait for me.

This little guy was not photo shy - waited for me to get close enough for this shot.

Some of the state crests decorating the pavilion - Perak ...

... Penang ...
... and Perlis.

Of course the National crest is also there.

Plaque commemorating the opening by the then DYMM SPB Yang DiPertuan Agong (King) who was the grand-father of our present Agong, the Sultan of Terengganu.

The twin towers and the KL tower seen from the Monument complex.

Did I mention, its a good place for a romantic evening... only don't let those guys from the local enforcement agencies get you.


The ASEAN Sculpture Garden is located just beside the Monument complex. The signs are quite self-explanatory, where I could find them.












2 comments:

titigantong said...

bangunan Parlimen takde gambar ker...??

Unknown said...

I have photos of Parliament House, but I haven't gone around the place yet. Maybe soon...