Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Brickfields 3




Brickfields can be called a self contained township.  Living quarters, education, food, shopping and even spiritual needs of its inhabitants are catered for.

The notice says that this is a 'surau', but I know this as the Indian Muslim Masjid in the area.

Behind the surau/masjid is this tokong (Chinese Temple).

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I just could not resist this last shot.  We build places of worship next to each other, yet we choose not even to understand, let alone accept, one another.


 
MRCB (a Malaysian conglomerate) is the developer of Kuala Lumpur Sentral, but it would seem that anyone can use the 'Sentral' name.
 

I saw this along Jalan Scott, and to me it seemed a little out-of-place compared to the other buildings / businesses in the neighborhood.


 
 
The only other time I visited this church was for a funeral service of a friend.

The TM (Telekom Malaysia) building in Brickfields.


The rear view of the Sulaiman Building next to the KTM railway station.  The design of the additional building at would put its construction in the 1960s or 1970s, as that was the standard JKR (Jabatan Kerja Raya or Public Works Department - PWD) design for that period.


 
 
 
 My hope is that this former National Archive building will be preserved and not be torn down in the name of development.


The bridge connecting to the Federal Highway.
 

Reinforcing the banks of the Sungei Kelang (Klang River).


On my way back to KL Sentral, I noticed this bread-vendor's motorcycle parked by the road side, unattended.  No one was around.
 

The police were checking on motorcycles further along the road.  Maybe that explains the lone bread-vendor's motorcycle.


No comments: