Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sentul - the face of things to come (2)



A colleague of mine got married today.  I brought along my camera to the event.  On the way back, I decided to pass Sentul.

I stopped at the market that lends it's name to the area (Sentul Pasar).  Its practically deserted at this time of day, unlike the hustle and bustle in the mornings.
 

This short row of shophouses are next to the market.  It looks like a combination of pre and post WWII buildings.

This dilapidated row of wooden shops are opposite.


Their days appear to be numbered.
 

There are remnants of the old Railway Quarters still standing.

 
 
 
 
 

A temple being repaired.
 

The worker was Indonesian, and not Indian as I had expected.
  

This 2 units, that have yet to be completely demolished, gives an indication of the size of the living quarters of the majority of Railway workers then.  Families were not small, yet people survived these cramped conditions and moved on.  Many of the 'Railway Children' have grown up into successful people, at least my friends have.

The people still residing in the remnants of these quarters don't appear to be railway workers.  The new owners of the property and the relevant authorities better act fast to prevent this becoming a major issue when the time comes.
  

 
These bill-boards give an indication of things to come.
 

 


  

No comments: