Welcome to my Kuala Lumpur

This is my way of sharing my discoveries, re-discoveries, memories & experiences

as well as other bits & pieces of information I have of

growing up in Kuala Lumpur.

Your comments & suggestions to make this blog your reference to all things KL would be very much appreciated.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jalan Doraisamy

Mention Doraisamy to native KLites and they will think 'soup' as this is where a number of 'mamak' soup stalls used to operate every evening till the wee hours of the morning. Other than that, there were many 'Bhai Roti' (brother bread vendor) renting the houses that lined this road.

There are some soup stalls still operating here but the area is generally 'up-market' as can be seen by the numerous restaurants and pubs that have sprung up here in what is being called 'asian heritage row'.

Excuse me if I don't have much to write or comment about the photos below, and thanks for still walking with me.
















No comments: